Our rides have 6 designations: expected pace, distance, and terrain. Pace is designated A - D, with A being the fasted and D being the slowest. Terrain is designated 1 - 5, with 1 being the flattest and 5 being the hilliest.
- Speed indicates average upon completion of ride. Riders should be able to maintain the pace for the entire distance of the ride.
- Speed may vary during ride, depending on terrain.
- A - 18+ mph
- B Plus - 16-18 mph
- B - 14-16 mph
- C Plus - 12-14 mph
- C - 10-12 mph
- D - under 10 mph
- 1 - Primarily flat; occasional rolling hills
- 2 - Moderate rolling hills
- 3 - Mostly rolling hills
- 4 - Hilly with one or more steep climbs
- 5 - Consistently hilly with several steep climbs
For example, a ride rated B57-Terrain4 would be a 57 mile ride with significant hills, which will be led at a pace between 14-16 miles per hour.